16 September 2013

Bad Luck

Sorry for the hiatus ya'll, but I have honestly had the worst week I can remember in quite some time. I thought bad luck came in threes?

Anyways it didn't start out too bad, got a very nice hangover and cold when I woke up from a pretty awesome day of tailgating and bar hopping with some friends I did get to sleep in and I did do pretty decent in tips at work- then came Monday.

Monday- Got to work the always lovely graveyard shift at the desk and then rushed to my 8:00am class. By 8:20am I realized that class was cancelled for that day   screeeeeeeeew. Had an exam in the next class and kicked its ass when grades were posted I only got a C   double screw. Then you know since it was still quite toasty frikkin living in Hell's hot tub I just so managed to get overheated and got sick in my last class of the day. Oh well ya know bad things come in threes right? Just go to sleep and tomorrow will be a new day.

Tuesday- went to sit in on a class, the teacher had no idea what I was talking about, got a nice little $75 parking ticket, stumbled horribly through my speech for class. Car started messing up and acting all funky, so I called mom and she agreed to drive the four hours south to trade me vehicles so poor old Martha could get checked out. Could have been worse. I mean I didn't puke or anything even though it was just as hot. Besides, all day I had this nice little soreness meaning that Insanity was in fact kicking my ass as badly as I had thought. I can still see the bright side.

Wednesday- Slept like shit (mayyyyybe 2 or less hours total), woke up late for class, best friend didn't wake up at all so I woke her up 10 minutes before we usually left (not like her at all not to wake up so I just figured she was catching up on homework in her room), she was pissed and bitched (SIDE NOTE: word only used to describe how bad of a mood I was in already for the day) about the whole to class. Whatever I can handle that just a bad morning. Knocked myself down to roughly $20 on in my bank account after booking my hotel room for IBA-U Conference at ISU (just wait until you hear my bad luck from that one!). Absolutely hated the project I turned in for my RT class- stupid concept, didn't like my shots, not enough variety, some weak shots (focus, white balance, lighting wise), and the music ended to abruptly (even though I checked a million and one times to make sure it didn't do that). This little sore throat suddenly turns into a full out coughing fit with a migraine to match. In just a few short hours it has escalated so badly that I have to miss PRSSA which also meant that I didn't get to help out with the poster. Managed to post on our FB page though, but in my sicken sleepiness not even sure if I did it right. Fell asleep, missed dinner, and woke up at midnight feeling about 10x worse than what I had thought was being absolutely miserable. Ran out to the store to grab some medication to hopefully help? "Oh hi, trying to get out of the car? Let's just make sure the handle on the inside completely falls the fuck off!!" Perfect way to spend my 3:00am. Hell at least the meds knocked me on my ass.

Thursday- While incredibly grateful to be able to actually sleep thanks to the God sent that is Nyquil, I also didn't wake up until call number 5 from my mom saying that they were waiting outside my apartment building. Ran down no bra, no shoes, and the shortest pajama shorts I could imagine (let's just say one friend is still convinced they are boy short underwear). Low and behold run into everyone I frikkin know plus their mom, roommate, boss, teacher, and fish!! Not to mention I forgot that my mom was bringing her boo-thang with her to make sure Martha made it back alright. I did manage to get some free lunch from Fat Patty's though (finally one point for Molly!), and got ripped off on my usual order of corn nuggets (most delicious orgasm of the mouth ever). Bubble Tea kept giving me a brain freeze and my mother didn't like it! She thought the little ball things that are in it looked like over-sized rabbit poop and tasted like old slimy drunken gummy bears. The abomination that came from my mother's mouth there is no way we could have been related! At least until she got a kick from slurping them through the ginormous straws regardless of not being a fan. Belly full and still quite up there with the medicine I'm more than ready for a nap, but ohhhhhhh no I have to go to class. Sat there for 5 minutes with just one other person and no teacher. What am I possibly thinking? Oh ya, I can go get a nap before I have to make this four hour drive north! Packing up to leave and all of a sudden everyone decides to show up   effffff. Oh well it was a pretty relaxed day because teach was suck with the same crude I have (but she's also had it for roughly 3 weeks... pleeeeeaaaaaseeee don't last that long). Con my roommate into grabbing me a bottle of wine for when I get back to my hotel and load up my bag and leave- after downing a 80oz of Redbull and buying some coffee for the trip. 5 1/2 hours later (yes I had early said it was only supposed to be a barely four hour trip), a million and one potty breaks, re-fill at some ghetto ass gas station where some guy asked me if I had any weed I wanted to sell him (da fuq), and almost getting railed by an over-sized load of a semi truck, I made it back ready to just relax with some good tv and a bottle of wine and head to bed early. Ohh-oh-oh-ohhhh was I mistaken. My hotel had me checking in for FRIDAY! On top of that since it was less than 24 hours in advance I was still getting charged the full amount for that room even though I wouldn't be staying. Fine, whatever, just give me a room so I can go play dehydration with my bottle of wine. Well, let's just say thank god for the little bit of cash I had on my and the un-cashed paycheck from Lonestar still in my backpack because my card was decline (most likely due to the fact that they had already charged me for the night I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE STAYING!!). So off to find a Walmart I went. Thank God the guy at Walmart went ahead and cashed my check for me, and after two hours I was able to get myself a room. (SIDE NOTE: The guy at the hotel was very nice and did work with me a lot with a fee for the room which definitely helped me out a LOT!). So dropped off my stuff poured myself a hefty glass of wine and proceeded to empty the bottle. Hunger set in and I used the last of my paycheck to order some Domino's (which I have to say was a pretty nifty experience since we only have Papa John's and local pizza places here in Carbondale).  So I ate and it was delicious, but when bedtime came I swear that my room was haunted. I hear what sounded like scuffling on the carpeting all night and tapping on the bathroom sink. Horrible sleeping experience, and had to wake up at 5:00am.

Friday- Well woke up later than I wanted to but I still had time to get all nice looking and what not. Loaded up my car and my professor offered to save me money and gas by letting me ride to ISU with them in the school van. Finally my luck was turning around. Until this one girl came down and I swear she does not stop talking for the entire hour that I was sitting next to her- even if you stop responding to her she just keeps "bla bla bla bla bla bla bla". Could have smacked her! Then came a morning full of panels, which wasn't actually all that bad at all. Lunch came though and I had been stuck with girl from a few sentences back and I had to take a break and go outside to call my mom before I snapped on somebody. Turns out my car had overheated on my mom while she was driving to work- aweeesomeee. At least it got fixed pretty quickly thanks to my uncles. Went back in and there was like nooooooo food left. I was able to grab a small sandwich with some pepperjack cheese and a small salad. At least I got a Coke to drink with it all. After a short presentation we were back on the road to head back to Carbondale. Not too bad other than the fact that one of the guys asked to ride with me and I said yes. He was actually a pretty good travel partner other than the fact that I was having some major small car problems with him. Mom's car is a little red Ford Focus and this guy took up the entire front seat. Usually not a problem if it wasn't for the fact that driving already makes me really anxious and claustrophobic. Lots and lots of construction during the entire trip. Finally made it home though, and I guess that's where the majority of my bad luck ended, even though I've still had my fair share the past two days as well.

Yeaaaaaahhhhh for being a Debby Downer!!

I'll cheer up soon I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead- make my day! I'll letcha :)