01 November 2013

Some Everyday Musings & #backthatazzup Friday!

For something a little more light-hearted feel free to skip right to bottom :)

     Sometimes you just have to write and see what comes out. Honestly, the reason I haven't been posting anything lately is because I feel like I have nothing to say. On top of that, what I have posted, I feel like it's complete crap. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but let's be real shall we? I started this blog out as as a way to keep my family in the States updated on my goings-on while on a two week vacation in the Netherlands, and decided to come back to it when I was in a wild search for a hobby that didn't include sleeping. I started reading blogs. Every now and then even finding myself so lost and fascinated in them that I'd look at the date and realize I had successfully creeped to posts from months ago and it would no longer be acceptable for me to comment and anything else- prime example here. When all else fails I even catch myself popping back over to my tried and true blogs like this lovely lady and just re-reading them over and over.
     I can't help but wonder what it is about these blogs, and a countless list of others, that I love so much. If you browse through my reading list you will see everything from Mommy Blogs to Lifestyle Blogs to Fashion Blogs and even some Organizing Blogs, so I don't think that it's necessarily the genre of blogs that I'm attracted to. That got me to wondering though. I feel like it's a really big taboo to not really have a set niche in which your blog can neatly fit within, and I don't know where I want to aim mine towards. No babies, so I'm obviously out of Mommyland. I honestly feel like my life is so incredibly boring full of nothing but class, work, assignments, work, and then if I'm lucky I'll add some sleep and maybe even a glass of wine to that. There goes the realm of the Lifestyle Blogs. If you had a glance in my wardrobe, you would laugh at the thought that I would even think about thinking about thinking doing a Fashion Blog (yes I did mean to repeat those "thinking about"s). While I am regularly plagued with some serious moments of OCD, I doubt I could ever manage an Organizing Blog.
     So where does that leave me? Lost, confused, and not sure if the blogging world is really made for me. The more I thought about that though, the more upset I got. I don't want to give up this blog. When I do feel like I have something to say I love having a free place to just spew everything that is stuck on my mind that, most of the times at least, I don't feel comfortable opening up about to those in my real personal life. That being said though, I feel like I have been filling the interwebs with such depressing or angry vibes that I honestly start to question my own mental state. I have actually been looking into possibly finding a set of prompts to write weekly to get me started. I just want this place to be one where anyone who wanders onto this space knows that they will get the truth from me good, bad, and ugly. Hopefully a place that they can go to escape for a few minutes from the monotony that everyone claims is their lives.
     I promise I will not be giving up on this little blog of mine. I may decide to make some changes, and that may take me a little while to figure out, but I will keep on keeping on. In the meantime, any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated.

     To lighten things up a little bit, and hopefully make some new friends, I decided to partake in my first ever #backthatazzup Friday! I promise, if for a while these linkups are the only posts I make for a while, at least you will get some nifty jams out of it.
     Sooooo without further ado… here is the song that me and the boo-thang rocked out to together nonetheless all weekend! Want a little more on that story? Well maybe that's my idea for next weeks posts (yes I said posts as in plural because I kind of feel like it could potentially take at least two to cover the amazingness that happens when you finally get to be reunited with your love after 130+ days).

4 comments:

  1. Keep goin girl! I've had my "I'll never be as good as these other blogger" phases but the truth is, I like to blog and I have friends who like to hear me talk (at least I think they do haha) and that's all blogging is really, talking and sharing stories right? Except to the world and not just a circle of friends. :) And remember, it's YOUR blog, say what you want! This is your space. Some people will wander over and just not get you but I bet there are twice as many people who can relate. No one's life is all sunshine and rainbows. I think the best blogs have the realest shit, ya know?

    LittleBirdBlogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! That definitely makes me feel better. I just never thought anybody ever even read anything on my blogs, so I was at a point where I kind of thought what's the point, but like you said I like it so I'm going to keep going. :) I definitely agree with the realest shit part too!

      Delete
  2. I think it takes time to figure out what your writing style is and how you want to express yourself. I think it's great that you know that! it will come it just might take some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I figured for now I would just pretty much just throw some word vomit onto the page and see where it takes me haha

      Delete

Go ahead- make my day! I'll letcha :)