04 November 2013

When Life Throws You For A Loop...

Hey all. I know I promised on Friday that I would write about my trip to North Carolina to see Derek, but there is something that I need to get off of my chest much more right now. I do promise that by the end of the week you will get a post and/or picture overload of my trip.

As a full-time college student, I am pretty used to being broke. Don't get me wrong, working two jobs and not having much of a yearning to go out every night has assisted in not being quite as broke as many college students, but still money is tight about 99.99% more of the time than it's not. I know you have heard me complain again and again about how lousy this Desk Assistant job is on campus, but let's just keep the ball rolling in that court. This weekend we found out that some random from the community is going to get hired full time from 8:00pm-4:00am Friday-Sunday. That's not that big of a deal really for normal people, but for me that is roughly every single one of my shifts. I lost a grand total of 10 hours per week off of my schedule. To make matters worse, there is only one other girl who had this change of hours make any impact on her schedule as she lost roughly 6 hours per week. There was one girl who lost 3 hours per paycheck (which is every other week). In case you aren't very good at math and aren't aware that I get paid a measly $8.25 an hour, that means I'm losing about $160 a paycheck! As I person who likes to be overly dramatic think of my future budgets, that means for the rest of this semester I will lose $640 if my math is correct. Do you know what I could do for $640? Let's make a list why don't we?
  • Well for starters, that could probably buy me quite a bit of groceries, which by the way I haven't quite had the funds to do lately. I think it has come quite apparent as I have had cold cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the past 4 days. No worries though, I do still have a few other foods stuck into my little cubby in the pantry I'm just saving them for a really desperate day.
  • Other priorities would be the fact that I could buy a whole new plane ticket to see Derek, preferably for my Spring Break? Whether he is in North Carolina or down in Texas/Arizona/New Mexico like he might be, Alyssa and I would love to go see our Marines together considering that our Spring Breaks start the same day. Plus any excuse to get away to somewhere I could rock a bikini and see the love of my life at the same time? Oh you better count me in!
  • Or I could make Derek buy my ticket for Spring Break and use that money to buy my plane ticket to go see my sister when she graduates from boot camp for the AIR FORCE! Have I mentioned how much I love this lady? In all seriousness she may be younger than me, but she has done so much in the past two years that just shock and amaze me, not mention make so incredibly proud of her. She is honestly the best sister, wife, aunt, daughter, and just about any other label you can think of that I know. It truly is amazing how much she can make me feel better by a quick message on Facebook, and somehow she always randomly messages me when I most need my sister. Sadly she is all the across the Atlantic Ocean and I'm stuck over here counting the days until I get to see her again (which is really hard considering if you know anything about any military branch… making plans sucks with them!). Which brings me to my last point...
  • It could put me more than HALFWAY to being saved up to go to Lakenheath to visit that same sister and my amazing brother-in-law. Lakenheath in case you were wondering is in England, only the one country I have been obsessed with since I discovered Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice.  As I've already gone on quite the tangent of my sister and how amazing she is, I'll just say that seeing her pictures and hearing about all the fun British things she has been doing the past year just makes me pretty jealous, and I would like to join in on the fun. Ok one more picture to show how absolutely adorable she is! :)

Alrighty, well now I feel much much better! Next post will be of the ball… pinky promise!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead- make my day! I'll letcha :)