24 November 2013

Time for Me to Get in Shape... and Maybe a Theme for my Blog?

   Hey all! I'm so excited that I apologize in advance if I over-do the exclamation marks! I've been trying to get ready for a 5k that I have in May for my 21st birthday. Whooooooooah stop there, I'm going to run 3.1 miles (?)... for my 21st birthday (!?!)... and give myself a whole 6-ish months to get ready for it? Well I have never been one to run, but I have been doing it for about two weeks now, and I have to say I'm starting to really enjoy it. I even took my mile from 13:27 to 10:07 in just over two weeks! Those pesky 7 seconds really irritated me though I just wanted to get it down to 10:00.

   Anyways,the past two weeks have been sort of a trial run period. Now that I know I can do it and stick to it, I'm going to kick my butt into gear. That means that I need someone to answer to when I get lazy and don't want to go the gym. So my bright idea was "well why not the world of the interwebs"? So here we go... you get to travel through the ups and downs of me training for a 5k, trying to eat a MUCH healthier diet (I'd say paleo or clean, which is what I want to aim for, but let's be realistic I love my pizza waaaaaay too much!), and be a healthier me mentally. I think I might post before/progress/after pictures, but the after might be hard for the simple fact that I don't want this to be something I do until the race and then just quit, I want this for LIFE!

   My game plan is to try to make separate posts about my food journal/exercise, my progress, and then just how I'm feeling in general every week. That means I should have three posts a week on this little sucker.

   So there it is, I'm going to be a "fitness blogger" HA! How about just a blog about a girl's attempt to get healthy while juggling a full course load at school, three jobs, and an almost non-existant social life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead- make my day! I'll letcha :)